Sunday 9 February 2014

PROCRASTINATION


I have just had three days off school because there have been two fires in three days (what's up with that!?) so my friends and I have taken advantage of this and have been meeting up and having fun in that time. The school have sent us work to complete and Its not sunday and I still have a ton left. I should be completing this homework right now but.....


PROCRASTINATION

We all do it. 

Procrastination is the biggest time consumer and stress producer. How many times have you gone out with your friends and told yourself you will write your essay tomorrow. Or watched a T.V show and told yourself you will tidy up later? It's been way to long since later never came! There is no later. Later is the thing we tell ourself to make sure we feel better about being lazy instead of practical. We find excuses for not doing something but "we can either have results or excuses, not both". Personally, I think the best thing we can do is to learn to disclipine ourselves. In the real world, we dont have someone to remind us the deadline of our presentation or to drag us out of bed to be on time for a meeting. In the end, It is all down to us! The best possible thing we can do is to force ourselves to get things done. To write out a timetable of things that need to be done or homework that is due in. Things become so much easier if you get it out of the way! If I had done all of the homework I needed to hand in before then I wouldn't be stressing out about it now. 

One time I got an old cardboard box and put it in the corner of my room and labelled it "The Messy Box". Every time i was about to go out and there were things on my floor: clothes,hangers,shoes,jewelry etc.. I would throw it all in the messy box and tell myself that i would sort it out when I got home. The thing is i never did sort it out and eventually the box was over spilling with random mess. I remember spending like a whole hour sorting through that box and tidying everything away. Not to mention the times where I was running around my house in search for my left shoe which was stuck somewhere at the bottom of the mess. If I had just tidied my things away in the first place, I wouldnt have spent an hour sorting it and I wuoldnt have been stressing out about where my shoe was. I never had a " Messy Box" again but I still procrastinate pretty much every day. One of my new years resolutions is to be able to to the splits by summer. I have only stretched twice and I fel really good about myself when I did because I felt like I was actually accomplishing something. All the other times I have just sat in front of a computer screen watching youtube videos and telling myself  that I will do it later. It is now almost half past eight and I still have a lot of homework to do after I have written this blog. I'm probably going to get a late night because of it. If only I did it earlier...but how many times does this have to happen before I learn to stop?!! 


Stop procrastinating!! If you are reading this blog and you should be doing something else- DO IT NOW!



All my love,
StarUponAwish

p.s. I really am going to do this homework now i promise!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment